Saturday, May 30, 2009

Old Baldy

This is about 6" x 8" on this nubbly Japanese print paper that I found yesterday on/in my desk. (This mystery paper is really nice. It has deckles on all four sides. Pretty!)

I first did an underpainting with watercolors and gouache in compliments of the final layer. A bright golden green for the wall in back, strong Ultramarine blue for the pear, and a dark quin magenta for the tabletop. The paper really sucked in the pigment. It was bright and lush.

Then I covered it all with one thin coat of Clear Colourfix primer.

Then whaled away with the pastels, all soft. There are three layers of pastels-plus-fixative.

BONUS! Girolamo Frescobaldi's Toccata (Full Orchestra) arr. by James Higgins

1 comment:

Samter Petuel said...

I think you are onto something here!!