Saturday, March 28, 2009

Stubs for the Road

Based loosely on BOTH Michael Chesley Johnson's Extreme Limited Pastel Palette AND Casey Klahn's Six Unisons post ("What I am about to reveal will change your plein-air life forever."), I have been messing around with a sketch pastel kit that would be handy to keep in my everyday bag. It's in an Altoids box and is padded inside with just enough foam to keep the weensy stubettes from rattling around. Add a rubberband, just to be sure, and I am ready to rock.

These are almost all NuPastels, with a scattering of Conté and Polychromos.

I intend to experiment with it this week. Will report!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Value v. Temperature, from MCJ, showing how value ain't the be-all-and-end-all. Color temperature also 'telegraphs' value.

No comments: