Monday, October 29, 2007

Mola Reduction Lino Print


Here is my attempt at a multi-color reduction linoleum block print, about 8" x 10" which I am calling 'Mola Reduction'. It is a run of sixteen, each one slightly different. So I guess technically it's a "monoprint".

I used elbow grease and a baren (and sometimes also a wooden spoon) to print them. It was a heck of a lot of work but I learned quite a bit about the technical side of the operation. Particularly about inks! (I printed the last color about forty eight hours ago and it's still tacky.) Those pesky inks! It was impossible for me to mix the exact colors that I wanted. More practice!

1 comment:

The Wandering Blues said...

Nice! I like your comment on wet canvas about covering the sections you didn't want to print. I might have to try that!