Friday, February 6, 2009

ONE random thing


This is done on Daler Rowney pastel paper, cut to fit and and snapped into my 7"x8" everyday sketchbook. The initial sketch is with Noodler's Red-Black "near bulletproof" ink in the old trusty Lamy Vista. The gouache was added later. I like the lights of the gouache on this blue paper. Will do more with my new paint box!

I have also been using an old Bloomies shopping bag, turned inside out, and pieces cut to fit my sk
etchbook. The kraft color is nice but it's too flimsy. I have received two excellent kraft paper sketchbooks sold by a UK company called Paperchase that have much nicer much thicker kraft paper. I want more of 'em so I don't have to be too careful about using them up.

There are some wonderful kraft paper and cardboard box sketches from our local Mr. Christian Tribastone here. And some nifty gouache sketches
done by Jamie Williams Grossmanon on kraft here and here and here. Real nice!!!

Inspi
red by all that I have made up a small paint box with gouache. I am going to try to get out with it this weekend and sketch. Some of the colors are real runny (mostly the Graham brand tubes) so I am having to leave it out all night to get it to dry out and "set up" a bit. So when I close the box the paint won't run all over. We'll see how hard they are tomorrow morning.

No comments: