Saturday, September 26, 2009

Angel at the Welcome Mat



The photographer Jacques Henri Lartigue took this pic in 1905, when he was 11. Entitled 'My cousin Bichonnade'. It's delightful.

A Lartigue self portrait is here, entitled My Hydro-glider with Propeller. Taken in 1904, when little Jacques was 10. I guarantee it'll make you smile.

There is a show of his work now at Howard Greenberg Gallery in NYC. Anyone there? Please go see it! Or better yet, buy a print. (WSJ story here.Jacques Henri Lartigue in wiki.

More pix by Lartigue are here. (And here.) The one I actually recognize is this one, of the race car getting sucked out of the frame. I always admired it. (Might dust off my interest in oddball effects in photography. Tho it's somewhat ho-hum these days, given the magic of Ps.)

1 comment:

annie said...

Yes, I'm smiling, Jan...
Thanks for posting them.

He just knew what he saw at 10 and what to do about it, didn't he?

annie